So, back in the Fall of 2013, I attended an event in Darien, CT to learn about Beautycounter. In full disclosure, I went because I wanted to reconnect with the Founder/CEO of Beautycounter, Gregg Renfrew. Gregg and I went to summer camp (Wohelo, in Raymond, ME) together and I was curious about her new venture. Curious, but very happy with my skincare regime. What I heard that day set me on a fabulous adventure with Beautycounter, where our mission is to get safe products in to everyone's hands. I'll never forget, I bought the Clean Shampoo, Rinse Conditioner, and Lustro Body Oil. Met some fabulous women that day and am so thankful to be on this journey.
Getting safe products in the everyone's hands. Seems simple, right? Aren't all skincare products safe? How harmful can they be? Mine were natural and organic--at least that's what it said on the label. I didn't think I had anything to worry about. Here are a few facts that may shock you.
- The United States has not passed a federal law to regulate the ingredients used in personal care products since 1938. The European Union has spent the past two decades banning or restricting more than 1,300 ingredients, the US has only banned 11 to date.
- There are more than 80,000 chemicals on the market today. Many don't have any safety data. This is particularly true of those used in the skin care and beauty industry. Only about 10% of the 10,000 chemicals commonly found in personal care products have safety data.
- On average, women use 12 beauty products a day......resulting in exposure to over 100 chemicals before we even leave the bathroom!
- 26 seconds is all it takes for the chemicals in your personal care products to enter your bloodstream.
- The Food and Drug Administration (the agency that regulates cosmetics) ALLOWS companies to use chemicals known to be extremely harmful (lead, formaldehyde, and phthalates) in the products we put on our bodies and on our kids every single day, day after day.
Our Lustro Body & Face Oils, with our Lip Collection.
|Safe and effective products for you and your family|
|Here I am with Gregg Renfrew, Founder & CEO of Beautycounter|
I was not looking for a part-time job, or a direct sales opportunity. I wasn't looking at all. I just didn't know what I didn't know. The bottom line is that I fell in love with each and every Beautycounter product that I used on my face and body. Our ingredient selection process is the strictest in the industry. Each and every day there are new studies being performed on the safety and efficacy of our personal care products. I'll be posting articles about new studies and facts around the chemicals in personal care/beauty products. I'd love to send you a Beautycounter sample set so you can see and feel the difference in the Beautycounter products. I am also happy to chat about the phenomenal business opportunity at Beautycounter. I continue to be amazed at the integrity of the company and commitment to the highest levels of safety, health and efficacy. I am not in this business to win a car, or a vacation trip. I am doing this because I am committed to sharing the Beautycounter mission and educating my friends and family about the importance of knowing what's in our beauty products. I simply believe in the Beautycounter mission. That being said, I'd love to introduce you, or your friends to our Beautycounter products. Feel free to take a look at my website or shoot me an email at BeautycounterLucyM@gmail.com.